Sunday, June 2, 2019

The Trump Treehouse of Tall Stories, Treason & Tyranny - "A Stay In The Strife" - Song

Windmills and time well spent tilting.





A Stay In The Strife

I read the news today, oh boy
Trump's crooked law set to investigate
Distraction's cries of being spied
Future des-pot just has to laugh
Conclusion's writ it's not a draft

William Low Barr is his new star
Re-cusal not this time full owned AG
Case outcome's all-ready been made
For roses garden stage
A victim propaganda play to usher base a brand new day

I read a story just to-day
About religious right their prayers have scored
To force the mass to live their way
Back-wards by the good book
Blindness the new look

They love to dummmmmb yooooou downnnnnnn

..........

(It's rock paper scissors, what do you choose sir?
Rock of course
But paper covers you
Then I'll be paper
But scissors cuts you
Well I'll be scissors then
But rock breaks you
Well how can I win?
You can't really...it's a check check check
Well that's not fair...to me...there has to be a win
There are wins, but only temporary sir
Well can I be all three checks?
That's not how it works sir
Don't tell me about how things work)

.........

Woke up, feeling of dread
Dragged democracy across my head
Found a few old tales in parchment notes
And looking up the founder's they did spoke
Found they liked a scene of checks
Keep Kings out of our new stead
But treason's elephant it's got a brand new game
Dem-ocracy?...it's merely now mundane

aaaaaaaaaaahhhhh

..........

(You see, it's all about changing the rules son
But changing them isn't fair sir
There is no fair
But you just said, to you, the game wasn't fair
It wasn't to me then, but I discovered it was rigged and I couldn't win
It wasn't rigged sir
Whatever, this is a new fair...my fair
Okay sir but....?
No buts...and everyone I talk to agrees)

..........

So there's the news today, oh boy
Fake called it is the tried true orange ploy
To gather base who pay no mind
To what real truth may find
It's daily King con-firmed they'll buy always the any of his lies

Trump loves to dummmmmb yooooou downnnnnnn

..........

(I'm sorry sir, it's been decided, you can't change the rules
Really? Who said that?
Rock, paper or scissors?
Ok, I'll play along...again...rock
Sorry, but parchment wins
Good luck with that son. It's just tired old words on paper written by a bunch of tired old men.
Can I borrow those scissors...and a sharpee?)


No comments:

Post a Comment